Based in Utrecht, Netherlands
23 May, 2013
Bam fu is a game on one device where two-, three- or four people experience their HANDS CLASH IN CHAOS. Everyone is fighting over the same pebbles and physical contact is totally part of this game. In Bam fu, each player fights for her own color. Pebbles loop through the colors of the players when being tapped. In order to win, one must be quick and not afraid of blocking arms, pushing hands or squeezing fingers. A player wins the round when she holds the majority of the buttons and has secured her victory when she has won 5 rounds.
After Game Oven's previous release, Fingle, they continued their hunt for local multiplayer games. A bunch of prototypes were made and Bam fu quickly moved to the foreground. What if you would have to steal each other's buttons? What if you would play with 4 people on a small device? It's physical. It makes you sweat. It was a game we had to make.
- Play with two, three or four friends on one device.
- Universal iOS & Android game.
- Localised in 13 languages.
Logo & Icon
- "Bam Fu is frenzied fun for multiple players on one device"
- Mike Schramm, tuaw.com
- "Bam fu is well designed and put-together, with a cheeky sense of its own nonsensical nature running throughout"
- Harry Slater, pocketgamer.co.uk
- "Improvised strategies dominate play, with all kinds of subterfuge, tomfoolery, pattern reading, temporary alliances, and mock violence seeping into every game."
- Richard Moss, maclife.com
- "A furious flurry of hands and fingers [...]"
- Kris Goorhuis, toucharcade.com
- "Instantly enjoyable by all, [...] Bam Fu is Thumb wars for the digital age."
- Dover, calmdowntom.com
- "Ridiculous, intermittently hilarious gameplay."
- Jordan Minor, 148apps.com
- "Bam Fu does a great job of bring excitement from a board game and onto a mobile device."
- Albert, androidentity.com
- "Man, we were pounding it!"
- Bernie DeKoven, Deep Fun
About Game Oven
Game Oven is the studio Fingle, Bam fu, Friendstrap and Bounden. Formerly based in Utrecht, the Netherlands, they were three people that make games with new, weird and unique ways for people to interact with each other. As of April, Game Oven shut doors.
More information on Game Oven, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Bam fu Credits
Adriaan de Jongh
Business & Design, Game Oven
Lead Developer, Game Oven
Developer, Game Oven
Artist, Game Oven
Music and Sounds, Freelancer