Based in Utrecht, Netherlands
12 January, 2012
DescriptionFingle is a cooperative two-player iPad® game about the thrills of touching each other on a multi-touch device. Two players drag up to five buttons of one color onto their matching targets; their movement makes it impossible to avoid contact, creating intimate moments with intertwined hands.
Fingle started as a graduation project and was inspired by a previous game of Game Oven's developers, a game which was played on a large multi-touch surface and invited two or more people to play simultaneously. People would incidentally touch each other causing awkward moments (ta-da!). An idea for the trailer of the game, shortly after Fingle's first prototype, pinned down its visual and auditive feel and everything that Fingle currently is: dirty, sweaty and intimate.Release
Shortly after Fingle's release on January 12th, 2012, the game was picked up by Apple and featured on the App Store globally. It reached the top 10 in more than 20 countries, including the US, China, Russia, Germany and the Netherlands. Fingle was also widely covered by websites such as Kotaku, Joystiq and TouchArcade.Awards and (true) honors
Although Fingle was Nuovo nominee and received an honorable mention for Best Mobile Game in the IGF edition of 2012, its greatest achievement was recorded at the expo floor of GDC2012, where a couple confessed to have had sex after playing Fingle.
- Fingle has Retina graphics and now includes level packs 'Disco', 'Confusion' and 'Valentine'.
- SWEAT IT - More than 90+ levels in total, designed to bend both your fingers and brain.
- GROOVE IT - Music and visuals straight from the 70's to get you in the mood.
- FEEL IT - The perfect game for breaking the ice, bringing friends closely together, having moments of roaring laughter or kick-starting a romantic evening.
- USE IT - Use the full potential of the iPad and play with ten fingers!
Awards & Recognition
- "Nuovo Award nominee for the IGF." San Francisco, 2012
- "Honorable mention for Best Mobile Game for IGF 2012." San Francisco, 2012
- "Dutch Game Awards for Best Mobile / Handheld Game." Amersfoort, 2012
- "Dutch Game Awards for Best Casual Game." Amersfoort, 2012
- "Fingle, the iPad’s most intimate and awkward game."
- Carter Dotson, 148apps.com
- "[...] If you’re looking for a unique way to get to know someone, Fingle might be right up your alley."
- Chris Kirby, 148apps.com
- "It can be tense, unnerving, joyous, flirty, exciting, absorbing or infuriating, depending on who you play with and your relationship to them."
- Tom, calmdowntom.com
- "Fingle is the sort of game that could start out funny and end up sexy, or start out cold and end up with a slap to the face."
- Nissa Campbell, toucharcade.com
- "Big-budget console games like Fable III and Ico demonstrated that even on-screen hand-holding can be remarkably affecting. Ubisoft's hilariously dumb We Dare also tried to be a romantic ice-breaker, but it lacked Fingle's playful subtlety."
- Kirk Hamilton, kotaku.com
- "If Fingle also could dim the lights and pour two glasses of wine, it’d be the perfect way to seduce someone."
- Martin Watts, bnbgaming.com
- "Whole orgy of hands."
- John Polson, diygamer.com
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Game Oven
Game Oven is a Dutch game studio based in Utrecht, founded by game designer Adriaan de Jongh and game developer Bojan Endrovski. Game Oven makes games that make you sweat.
More information on Game Oven, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Adriaan de Jongh
Game Designer, Game Oven
Game Developer, Game Oven
2D Artist and Illustrator, Freelancer
Additional 2D Artist and Illustrator, Intern
Music Composer, Freelancer
Gilles van Leeuwen